Travelling Abroad at a Guidance Level

A travel advisory, or travel safety warning is a public announcement issued by governmental agencies to give information about the travel related security issues of a country or region. For example, the Department of State issues a travel advisory that can provide necessary information to travelers about travel advisories and other travel-related matters. The Department of Homeland Security issues travel advisories to people who may be in the vicinity of an international crisis or event and could present a threat to one’s security. Similar situations may arise in the future, and the Department of Defense issues similar advisories to soldiers in various areas of the world. A travel safety warning is essentially a form of public notice for the general public about particular travel issues or risks.

Travel advisories are usually issued for a number of reasons such as: to inform the public about risks of certain types of activities or attractions; to protect travelers from terrorist activities by terrorists; to protect American citizens abroad; and to notify the public about hazards on airplanes and in cruise ships. Advisories can also be for general travel issues such as advising people when it is not safe to travel to certain areas or to take a specific travel route. The travel advice level assigned to the Department of State varies according to the countries’ performance on these issues. For example, a travel advisory for China may warn the Chinese populace about terrorist activities in China and about dangerous floods in northern China.

There are several different types of travel advice that people can obtain from travel advisory statements. Some general travel advice that people can obtain is general information such as when is the best time to travel and how to choose a tourist destination. Another type of travel advice is the travel advisory regarding the risks associated with particular locations, themes, or attractions. Consular travel advice is a different type of travel advice that is usually issued by consular departments to the families of travellers who have travelled to a foreign country. These departments provide information on local crime, healthcare facilities, basic government services, and currency exchange rates.

When travelling overseas, travellers need to carry with them certain documents. These documents include passport, travel insurance policy, foreign travel checklist, and itinerary. One of the most important things that travellers should remember is to carry adequate documentation, which will allow them to apply for temporary legal protection from the appropriate authorities in the foreign country. A travel checklist is essential when travelling outside your own country. This travel checklist will help travellers to stay within their budget and to find the right accommodation and transport at the right time.

The Department of Foreign Service (DFS) published a travel advice guide that provides a detailed description of the various travel allergens. These allergens include sand, dust, pollen, animal hair, cockroaches, house dust mites, weeds, fungi, food and beverage allergies, and asthmatic reactions to animals and plants. This guide was developed based on the most recent update of the European Stature for the Prevention of Travel to High Risk Countries. This report identifies more than 120 known allergens that are commonly associated with traveller exposure. The advice levels given below pertain to the travellers who have one or more of the commonly identified risks factors mentioned above.

Travelling outside your country of residence can be an exciting adventure but there are certain risks involved. If you are travelling to areas of high risk, you should consider whether you require the services of an international air ambulance. You may also need the assistance of a private medical doctor in case you suffer an acute illness or injury. Travellers who are diabetic, have pre-existing heart or respiratory problems, are immunocompromised, or suffer from any other chronic health condition should seriously consider consulting a travel clinic like Doorstep Pharmacy (, or a similar travel healthcare establishment in their area and asking questions before setting out on a trip. Travellers who are unsure what they need to do to protect themselves during their trip should ask their representative or travel insurance company for advice. Alternatively, they should decide whether abroad is the best option for them given their particular circumstances.

There are three main travel advice levels when travelling overseas – low, medium and high. These refer to the risk of particular attractions or activities being available to visitors. A tourist who intends to only visit historical monuments, museums or play grounds will not likely require the services of a medicated air ambulance or private doctor. This type of traveller may decide to travel at a lower travel advice level so they have the flexibility to choose different types of attractions depending on their interests.

The advisory body that best provides advice on your overseas travel is the Department for Travel, tourism and the Travel Agency. The Department for Travel offers several publications as well as the MTC (Medical Transport Company). However, if you are travelling overseas and feel you may need urgent medical care, it is worth contacting your nearest embassy or consulate for advice. Some countries do not recognise the authority of a travel clinic or hotel and can arrest you without the necessary authorisation. You should always seek advice from a medical professional before setting out.